Friday, September 27, 2013

Monday - 23/09/13

I decide to visit Battery Park and then I took an impromptu run over Brooklyn Bridge and on to the Atlantic Chippie. This was a fortuitous decision. I met Chris Sell and his barman Tom. I had a nice couple of Greenport Harbor Summer ale's and cod, chips and mushy peas for lunch. Following Tom's advice I ran down Atlantic Drive to the riverside park. I had a pumpkin ale while waiting for the river boat. The sad thing was that when the river boat turned up there was such a melee that there was no chance of getting the boat. Rather then wait 20 minutes for the next scrum I jogged from Brooklyn Bridge Park round to the subway station at High Street and got the A, C, E metro train to 8th Avenue. I wandered round to the Corner Bisto and had a cheese burger, fries and a beer. Not sure why I didn't have their signature bistro burger, i'll have to do that another day. back at the hotel room after a flurry of e-mail exchanges I wandered up to Ralph's to have a final vanilla choc chip cream ice. I also got a quart of diet tropicana lemonade and a disgusting cheese calzone for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.