John Morgan was running in Van Cortlandt park. The scene of my 2006 run in the Pete McArdle cross country classic.I took a subway ride to the park and then walked and jogged around the course. I didn't switch Garmin on at the start so I manually adjusted the distance to 6.02K. On
the way back to the hotel I called in at Schnipper's on 23rd Street for a
burger fries and vanilla milk shake.
In the evening I walked down 3rd Avenue to
Houston. New York's East Side was buzzing on this Saturday evening. I
headed west on Houston figuring that I would eventually get to the 4, 5, 6 line. - which I did,
so I got the subway North to Union Square. Always thirsty and in need of a
dessert, I called in at Smush, an ice-cream cookie shop on Union Square. I had
a signature sandwich the chocolate covered
struben which consisted of cookies, strawberries, Nutella spread, sliced
chocolate, and vanilla ice cream. I visited a supermarket on 3rd Avenue just
South of e17th street and bought some Tropicana lemonade and crisps. By mistake
I picked up a carton that was not sugar free and took home 1000 calories rather
than 100.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.