Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday - 15/09/13

BMAF 5000 metres
14:20 on Sunday afternoon - A better run than yesterday Conditions quite blustery, very cold and some sharp rain showers. Learning from yesterday I went off more slowly. I sat behind Alan Newman for a while then went past him and sat behind Mick Kelly, an M55 from Milton Keynes.   If I had gone past him I would have been more exposed to the elements including a strong wind on the bottom bend and home straight. Des Michael was fading badly at the end – he had gone off very quickly with Mike Mann.
I was also suffering from a sore throat and a snuffle that I probably got from Zoe and Emmie. All things considered this was a good run.Brian Worthington was spectating - I haven't seen him since Kenilworth 2010. It was good to see him again.

My splits were:
04:01.29               04:01.29
08:02.xx               04:01.64
12:05.xx               04:02.74
16:08.xx               04:02.86

20:01.xx               03:53.74

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.