I should point out that while
running at 8:30 pace I’m not just looking at young ladies bottoms’. Different
people have very different running styles and I find it interesting and useful
to analyse the running style of the participants as they progress along the
route.
For instance. A young lady in
the Burnham on Sea Half Marathon had a very solid upper body and shoulders - so
obviously works out in the gym a fair amount. Meanwhile there was a guy who had
a strange action where he hardly bent one of his knees. He bent his left leg
sufficiently to swing it through on the stride but that is a very unusual and
inefficient way of running. I thought to myself “I can’t let a stiff
legged man beat me”!
Two others that come to mind
from previous races are a girl whose left foot swung outwards during her stride
rather than swinging pendulum like in the direction of travel and a guy with a
nodding head which Churchill the insurance dog would be proud of. I could help
people like that! Mind you Paula Radcliffe’s style was not the best and she did
OK for a while without my advice!
The car park was next to the race headquarters at the Sports Ground and the refreshments included a bacon bap and chips for £3 which I did not resist! Possibly the only negative point was that it wasn't exactly traffic free with several miles being run along fairly busy roads. There were 200 runners.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.